Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Livin in the Diet Zone

I've finally decided to get serious and have joined the ranks of fellow fatties trying to slim down. Signed up for the PRISM diet plan through church. The first 6 weeks cost $45 (reasonable) and come with readings for every day to keep motivated and a strict diet of no sugar or bread and a calorie count of 1200/day. Meetings are once a week and each week there is a videotape to view. Now for a mocha and bread addict like me, perhaps you might wonder, "Why this program?" Well, me too! I have to admit I almost wimped out and didn't do it, but a fellow inductee offered me a gift certificate to Anthony's if I took it on and succeeded. WoW! That was all the bribe I needed! I'm happy to say I got through the first week with no cravings (but I did have a terrible headache one day) and (best of all!) have lost 5 pounds. That is incentive enough for me to plunge onward.

2 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Keep up the good work. Zandra

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger swapatorium said...

The best of luck with your diet (you can do it!) and thanks for pointing out the link to the volcano cam.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home