Wednesday, August 25, 2004

What do you mean it counts as a meal?

A few years back, when the coffee craze had really hit the northwest, a patient of ours who owns an espresso stand, brought us a treat when she came in for her dental appointment. Now, I had not drunk coffee in many a year, but a few sips of that yummy mocha was all it took to get me hooked! Going out and bringing back mochas became a favorite thing to do when we had some spare time. Gradually, it really took over and now we are trying to back off a bit! But that doesn't mean we haven't branched out to include all sorts of frozen concoctions in the hot weather. Now, I knew, in the way back of my mind that these were probably pretty similar to milk shakes as far as calories goes. But I did a really good job of denial. Until today. Lo and behold, the paper printed an article with some of the calorie counts. It was rather astounding, for example, a 16 oz Caramel Frappucinno with whipped cream has 430 calories. A 16 oz. Strawberries & Creme Frappuccino with whipped cream has 600 calories and 17 grams of fat . (Sorry, Zandra!) Yikes! Perhaps if I just didn't eat breakfast and lunch, I could still enjoy my mochas?????

2 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is why I never look. They now have a light frap but I'm convinced all they did was not put the whip cream on it. I didn't know the strawberry and cream was so high in calories. Won't be getting that anymore even though it is so tasty.

Here's a trick. When you have your mocha (which is a good thing to me) have a non-fat one (if you remember to say non-fat). That way at least it won't be as bad as when it started.

Zandra

 
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

600 calories!!! It's good, but it ain't that good.

Kerry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home