Sunday, July 25, 2004

What were they thinking?

Exciting (hee hee) news from my part of the world. Local paper front page article (I’m not joking here) screams “100-pound bomb given to Goodwill”! Goodwill employees were contemplating what to do (CD holder? Book shelf?) with the 4 foot long “really cute crate” that had been dropped off several nights earlier, when some one actually read the words stamped on the crate. “100 POUNDS” on one side and “CLUSTER FRAG. BOMB” on the other. Opps!! Sure enough, inside the crate was a “3 ½ foot tall bomb with a rotor and a string dangling from it.” Police were called and moved the device to the Richland landfill. Personnel from the 53rd Explosive Ordinance Disposal unit later decided it was an “inert training device”. Police decided to keep it “for educational purposes.” Wonder if they gave a monetary donation to Goodwill for it???

2 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger BeFrank said...

That sounds like a fun day at the office. Thanks for passing it along and thanks for reading my blog. I get a chance every now and then to take a break from my typically hectic day and catch up. I'm glad I was able to pay your blog a visit.

Smile,
beFrank

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only in Richland!! It sure is comforting that first they brought it to the landfill.

Kerry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home