Thursday, July 22, 2004

Fresh Strawberry Pie

This is outstanding! Found at www.chilipaper.com

6 cups fresh strawberries
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 9-inch baked pie crust

Mash 3 cups strawberries in large saucepan with fork or potato masher. Add sugar and cornstarch and bring to simmer over medium heat. Stir until thickened and clear, 3-5 minutes. Blend in lemon juice. Remove from heat and let cool. Add remaining 3 cups strawberries. Spoon into crust. Chill. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.

3 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger magz said...

Hi! i got hungry reading your blog.... of course, i can get hungry just breathing! My name is maggie, and i got here from a comment you posted on our mutually favorite photojournalist, beFrank. If ya come and visit my farm, i'll share my recipe for killer salsa... the only thing I'm growing in the garden this year is chilies, tomaters, and onions. have a great day, and my regards...magz

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger suegee said...

Salsa sounds great to me!! Where's the farm? Meantime, I'm going to make 2 more pies. I only got 1 piece of the last one!!!!

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger BeFrank said...

The pie recipe sounds delicious. It's on my list to try and I'll be sure and let you know how we like it.

Action wife walked by and asked why I was grinning. I told her that my name had come up in a comment from magz on your blog. That's so cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home