Monday, October 11, 2004

The worst sound ever......

Stopped at Ray's Golden Lion for Mongolian BBQ dinner the other day, and in the process was subjected to absolutely what must be the most torturous sound on the face of the Earth. What could possibly assault the ears in such a manner, you say??? That would be the sounds emanating from the bar. That's right friends, it was Karaoke Night!!!!! Now I realize that this fad has probably long ago passed on in the civilized world, and a good thing that is, too. Here in the boonies though, it apparently still has some life left. Mercifully, I've blocked from my mind most of what I heard, but I do remember some Country and some Rolling Stones. Now anyone who thinks he's Mick Jagger has to be certifiably insane, but Mick Jagger after 2-3 hours of drinking???? Oh my aching head! It can best be described as cats fighting interspersed with periods of humming. We were laughing so hard, we couldn't even chew! Luckily, we were almost done with dinner when it all started and were soon able to hightail it out of there....

2 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger K. G. said...

Karaoke is still around up here too. I like it when people are good, but hide my head when people are bad.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Dupree Weight Loss said...

I love karaoke. It is so funny. I can honestly say I like it more when the person is bad than when the person is good. It only bother's me when they are bad on slow songs. It is much harder to have fun being bad on slow songs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home