Saturday, July 10, 2004

American Chopper

Caught American Chopper on Discovery Channel last night. OK, so I'm not exactly in the demographic group they might be hoping to attrack. So what! Who cares! Truth be told the program works on three levels: (1) they build the most outrageously macho choppers ever. (Maybe my brother's life-long love of bikes has rubbed off a little on me.) (2) being a social science major, I love watching the interplay between Paul, Sr. and Paul, Jr. Watch Sr. roar like an old lion defending his turf! Watch Jr. gripe, placate and generally try to appease him! Watch the rest of the guys hide behind various parts snickering and trying not to let on how entertaining it all is! Watch tempers mount, things being thrown, doors being slammed! Should be required watching for every father/son! Last but not least: (3) As a native easterner who became a westerner at age 20, it's always fun to re-vist the place, feel a bit homesick and hear those great New York accents.

4 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom - you really need to get some sleep. You were up when I was up. I haven't seen ths show but have heard it is intersting. I don't know if we have the Discovery Channel. If we do I shall try to check it out.
Zandra

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom, You don't get enough father/son bickering at home, so now you have to watch it on TV!

Kerry

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger suegee said...

Ha! Good point, Kerry. Guess I'm used to it.

 
At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I guess I have a little too much free time on my hands down the shore cause I actually have been reading your blogs - i enjoy your writing - it's always good. Keep it up!!!

mary ann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home